Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Kicked Up Tuna Salad

Tuna salad was a childhood staple in my house, and to this day it is one of my favorites. I guess this is a little strange considering the fact that the thought of any other fish makes me gag!

One day I was at a little market by my office that has a fantastic deli section, and I spotted "Cancun Tuna Salad" YUM! Two of my favorite things combined, tuna salad with mexican food- why didn't I think of this sooner?!




Serves 3 for lunch

2 cans tuna in water 
2 limes
1 handful cilantro, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 large jalapeño, diced 
1/2 white onion, diced
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste




In a large bowl mix together 1 can tuna (do not drain) onion, and mayonnaise. Stir together, drain a tiny bit of water out of the second can of tuna and add to mixture. Once tuna and mayonnaise is evenly mixed add tomato, cilantro and jalapeño. Season with salt pepper and lime and you are ready to go!


Spoon some of the tuna salad mixture onto a toasted english muffin and top with pepper jack cheese. Stick it in the oven on broil until the cheese starts bubbling! YUMM!


No comments:

Post a Comment